I’m excited to tell you that as we begin a new year, Earl Young’s Team has registered 8,500 donors and we’ve had 11 transplant matches!
Those successes come from speaking and holding drives at various colleges, universities and churches. Our goal at every engagement is to increase awareness of the need for donors and to register donors with the hope that there will be a match – and ultimately a life will be saved.
The most recent success and match is Chris Kirklin. Chris is registered as a student at Abilene Christian University. Beginning with a simple swab of his cheek, Chris was found to be a match for a 37-year-old man with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia.
Please make plans to visit us at one of our upcoming speaking engagements or bone marrow drives during the next few weeks. You will learn more about our mission and the Bone Marrow Registry, and you can become a potential donor through a quick painless swab of the inside of your mouth.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the following events:
- The Hillcrest Church of Christ in Abilene on January 29th
- The Council of Christian Colleges and Universities Conference on February 10th
- Denton Bible Church on February 19th
- LaTourneau University on February 6th
- Dallas Baptist University on February 13th
- We are especially proud to announce that we have been chosen as Keynote Speaker at the 63,000 member National Student Nurses Association Conference in April.